DON'T BELIEVE POLITICAL ADS
Truth behind 2012 election campaign lies
In any advertising or propaganda it is normal to emphasize positive facts, to hide negatives. However, deliberate lies in advertising or in company reports are unlawful, lies in written statements about a person are considerd slanderous. In both cases legal action may be taken against the perpertrator.
Political propaganda seems to be free of restraints. Now that companies and political organizations are permitted to spend huge amounts of money on political advertising, we are being bombarded on the air-waves, in print, on the Internet, by propaganda in support of all candidates running in the 2012 elections. Unfortunately, they reveal little about concrete plans of the candidates.
Instead, the donors are spending millions of dollars to deride the past performance and reputation of the opponents. Lofty promises for the future are not backed up with any real numbers.
In 2010 the US Supreme Court allowed unlimited political spending by unions and corporations. Through August 23, 2012, the Super PACs (Political Action Committees), organized to take advantage of this ruling, have spent over 211 million dollars on advertising and other political support activities on behalf of Presidential and Congressional candidates!
- The five largest contributors are
- Miriam & Sheldon Adelson through their Las Vegas Sands, Corp. and Adelson Drug Clinic - $36mill, 100% to Republicans.
- Total of all Trade Unions - $21mill, 92% Demcrats, 8% Republicans.
- Harold Simmons through Contran Corp. - $18mill, 100% Republicans.
- Robert Perry through Perry Homes - $14mil, 100% Republicans.
- Goldman Sachs - $4.8mill, 71% Republicans, 29% Democrats